Our home was built for a local wine producer in 1863. It is constructed from white tuffeau stone, with a blue slate roof. The property is known as the Maison des vins - it was, until a few years ago, the home of the wine museum of the Deux Sevres. The surfaced driveway to the property is lined by 20 metre high Chestnut and Lime trees. The house sits at the centre of the 3½ acres and there is terrace at the courtyard (south) side of the house with a vaulted wine cave underneath. Inside the house a white stone staircase climbs 3 stories from the hallway up to the loft, which has 4 windows along each side with carved stone surrounds. The property is only about 600 metres southwest of the small town of Bouillé-Loretz which has a bakery, butcher, general store etc.
Please click on any image to start slide show
Maison des Vins